The aluminum substrate is a kind of metal-based copper cladding board with good heat dissipation function. Generally, a single panel consists of three layers, which are the circuit layer (copper foil), the insulation layer, and the metal base layer. For high-end use, they are also designed for double-sided boards, the structure of the circuit layer, insulation layer, aluminum base, and insulation layer, circuit layer. Very few applications are multilayer boards, which can be made from ordinary multilayer boards laminated with insulating layers and aluminum bases.
Aluminum substrate PCB is a printed circuit board made of aluminum substrate, commonly used in LED lighting products. There are two sides, the white side is welded LED pins, and the other side shows the color of aluminum, generally coated with thermal paste and the thermal conductive part of the contact. Currently, there are also ceramic substrates and so on.
1. Aluminum substrate PCB principle of operation
Power devices surface mounted in the circuit layer, the device operation of the heat generated by the insulating layer through the rapid conduction to the metal substrate, and then by the metal substrate will be transferred out of the heat, to achieve the heat dissipation of the device. Compared with the traditional FR-4, Aluminum substrate PCB can minimize the thermal resistance, so that the aluminum substrate has excellent thermal conductivity; compared with thick film ceramic circuits, its mechanical properties are extremely good.
2. Aluminum substrate PCB advantages
(1) more adaptable to the SMT process.
(2) in the circuit design program for heat diffusion is extremely effective in dealing with, thereby reducing the module operating temperature, extending the service life, and improving power density and reliability; (3) in the circuit design program for heat diffusion is extremely effective in dealing with
(3) Extremely effective treatment of heat spreading in circuit design solutions, thereby reducing module operating temperature, extending service life, and increasing power density and reliability; (4) Replaces fragile ceramics.
(4) Replace the fragile ceramic substrate, to obtain better mechanical durability.
3. Aluminum substrate PCB use
(1) Audio equipment: input and output amplifiers, balanced amplifiers, audio amplifiers, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, and so on.
(2) Power supply equipment: switching regulator, DC/AC converter, SW regulator, etc.
(3) Communication electronics equipment: high-frequency amplifiers, filtering appliances, transmitting circuits.
(4) Office automation equipment: motor driver, etc.
(5) Automobile: electronic regulator, ignition, power controller, etc.
(6) Computers: CPU boards, floppy disk drives, power supply units, etc.
(7) Power modules: converters, solid state relays, rectifier bridges, etc.
(8) Lamps and lanterns: With the promotion of energy-saving lamps, all kinds of energy-saving LED lamps are very popular in the market, and the aluminum substrate applied to LED lamps has also begun to be applied on a large scale.