The importance of rigid-flex PCBs cannot be underestimated when it comes to PCB manufacturing. One of the reasons for this is the trend towards miniaturization of products. In addition, due to 3D assembly flexibility and functionality, the demand for rigid-flex PCBs is on the rise. However, not all PCB manufacturers can meet the complexity of the flexible rigid PCB manufacturing processes. Semi-flex PCBs are manufactured by a process that reduces the thickness of the rigid board to 0.25mm +/- 0.05mm. in turn, this allows the board to be used in applications where the board needs to be bent and mounted inside an enclosure. The plate can be used for one-bending installation as well as multi-bend installation.
Characteristics of FR4 semi-flexible PCBs
(1) The most important attribute that makes it most suitable for your use is that it is flexible and can be adapted to the available space.
(2) Its flexibility does not impede signal transmission, a fact that increases its general usability.
(3) It is also lightweight.
(4) Typically, semi-flexible PCBs are also known for their optimal cost, as their manufacturing process is compatible with existing manufacturing capabilities.
(5) They save time in both the design phase and assembly.
(6) They are extremely reliable alternatives, not least because they avoid many problems, including tangling and soldering.
PCB Fabrication Procedures
The main manufacturing processes for FR4 semi-flexible printed circuit boards are as follows:
(1) Material Cutting
(2) Dry film coating
(3) Automated optical inspection
(12)Exposure and Development
(14)Depth Control Milling
What are the problems and possible solutions faced during PCB manufacturing?
The main issues in manufacturing are ensuring accuracy and tolerances for depth-controlled milling. It is also important to ensure that there are no cracks in the resin or flaking of the oil that could cause any quality problems.
cause any quality problems. This involves checking the following aspects during depth control milling:
(1) Plate thickness
(2) Resin content
(3) Milling tolerances
Contact opcba.com to fabricate your semi-flex PCB.