As we all know, computers and mobile phones all need to use circuit boards. PCB lines are the providers of electrical connections for electronic components. Sub-products need to be applied during production, let’s learn how to custom electronic board PCB.
1. The schematic diagram needs to be designed
The design of the schematic diagram of PCB circuit board is mainly based on the electrical performance of each component and the reasonable construction according to the needs, the important functions of PCB and the relationship between the various components can be accurately reflected through this figure schematic diagram. The design of PCB is the first step in PCB production process, and it is also a very important step. After PCB is manufactured, it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive test on the entire circuit board. If there is a problem during the test, it is necessary to determine the location of the problem through the schematic diagram designed in the first step, and then re-solder or replace the component pieces. When the test is passed successfully, the whole circuit board is finished.
2. Find a suitable PCB manufacturer.
After completing the design of PCB schematic diagram, the next step is to find PCB manufacturers and send the designed Geber file to the supplier you have found. If you want to make a PCBA, you need to provide the relevant BOM information to the supplier. Or ship the purchased components to the supplier’s address so that SMT can be better completed.
In fact, for customers to custom electronic board PCB, they only need to complete the above two steps. The production process of the Double PCB is attached below:
(1) MI blanking: According to the customer’s manufacturing instructions, the large plate is edged and cut into a suitable small plate.
(2) Drilling: It is the first step in the production of circuit boards. There will be many holes of different diameters on the circuit board. According to customer requirements, drill corresponding holes in corresponding positions on the cut sheet, including via holes, electrical holes and mechanical holes. Copper sinking: use chemical means to deposit a thin layer of copper on the wall of the insulating hole of the board to form a conductive glue, which is used for the next step. Lay a good foundation.
(3) Circuit: The circuit is mainly divided into three steps. One is lamination, which is to paste blue photosensitive film on both sides of the board; the other is exposure. The place where there is a circuit on the circuit board is black. Use an automatic exposure machine , the circuit can be exposed; the third is development, after exposure, the developer can be used to remove the part with the circuit, and the copper will be exposed. Graphic electroplating: Add a thicker layer of copper and tin to the place where the brass is exposed on the bare circuit board. After the completion, use the film removal solution to remove the film; then perform etching, which only reacts to copper and will not affect Tin; finally use tin stripping liquid to strip tin. AOI optical detection: through the optical detector, the semi-finished circuit board is inspected, and whether there is a short circuit or an open circuit can be detected and other problems, where there are problems, they should be improved in a timely manner.
(4) Solder resistance: At this stage, the circuit board is already a semi-finished product. Solder resistance is to coat the surface of the circuit board with a layer of oil, the common one is green oil, which is to protect copper and prevent copper from contacting with oxygen. Oxidation occurs, which affects the performance and service life of the circuit board.
(5) Silk screen printing: Silk screen printing is to print the required text on the board according to the needs of customers, such as codes, component names, models, etc.
(6) Surface treatment: generally divided into two types of immersion gold or HASL treatment, gold after immersion gold, silver after HASL, so we often see silver or gold circuit boards, the difference is here. Whether it is immersion gold or tin spraying, it is to prevent copper oxidation and facilitate the welding of later components.
(7) Test: After the above steps, the circuit board is formed. The next step is to test manually and electronically to detect whether there is any problem with the quality of the circuit board.
(8) Shipment: Arrange the qualified circuit boards to be shipped to customers.
opcba.com supports customers to custom electronic board PCB. If you are also looking for a suitable PCB manufacturer for your PCB project, you could email us for more information.