Aluminum PCB is one of the most widely used metal core PCBs, also known as MC PCB, aluminum coated or insulated metal substrate, etc. The basic structure of aluminum PCBs is not much different from other PCBs. The aluminum substrate is its prominent feature. Typically, aluminum PCBs consist of four layers: substrate layer (aluminum layer), dielectric layer (insulation layer), circuit layer (copper foil layer), and aluminum substrate film (protective layer). tootsies pcb
The benefits of aluminum substrate PCBs:
1. Environmental protection: Aluminum is non-toxic and recyclable. Due to its ease of assembly, using aluminum for manufacturing also helps to save energy. For printed circuit board suppliers, using this metal helps maintain the health of the Earth.
2. Heat dissipation: High temperatures can cause serious damage to electronic devices, so it is wise to use materials that help dissipate heat. Aluminum can actually transfer heat from important components, thereby minimizing its harmful effects on circuit boards.
3. Higher durability: Aluminum provides strength and durability for products that cannot be provided with ceramic or fiberglass substrates. Aluminum is a sturdy basic material that can reduce accidental damage during manufacturing, handling, and daily use.
4. Lightweight: Aluminum has incredible durability and is a surprisingly lightweight metal. Aluminum increases strength and elasticity without adding any additional weight.
Application of Aluminum PCB
1. Audio equipment: input and output amplifiers, balanced amplifiers, audio amplifiers, preamplifiers, power amplifiers.
2. Power supply: switch regulator, DC/AC converter, SW regulator, etc.
3. Communication electronic equipment: high-frequency amplifier, filtering equipment, transmission circuit
4. Office automation equipment: motor drive, etc
5. Automotive: electronic regulators, igniters, power controllers, etc.
6. Computer: CPU board, floppy drive, power supply device, etc.
7. Power module: inverter, solid-state relay, rectifier bridge.
8. Luminaires and Lighting: As an advocate and promotion of energy-saving lights, various colored energy-saving LED lights have been popular in the market, and aluminum PCBs for LED lights have also begun to be widely used.
The biggest benefit of aluminum PCB is its excellent heat dissipation efficiency. It can quickly transfer heat and cool components, thereby improving the overall performance of the final product by SMT manufacturers. Therefore, aluminum PCB is an ideal solution for high-density and high-power products such as LED applications, power supplies, and computers.
opcba.com provides our customers to custom 铝 PCB. If you are also looking for a suitable PCB manufacturer for your PCB project, you may wish to email us for more information. tootsies pcb